Thursday, February 22, 2007

A New Beginning

So I've started this blog to chronicle my creative pursuits. Lately, I've experienced a huge surge in my artistic urges and I have to give thanks to Amy of the Creative Mom Podcast for sparking it. Her weekly podcast is truly brilliant and I recommend it to anyone - even those who aren't moms. She talks about everything from knitting to collaging to painting and peppers it with great music and personal stories about her and her children's creative activities. As I'm writing this, I'm in the process of trying to catch up on every single episode I have missed. It started back in June of last year and I only just discovered it in the beginning of January.


Anyway. I've created quite a few things of my own lately. Just today, I completed a quick sketch and tested out my new set of watercolor pencils. The sketch is of a fragrance diffuser and a candle that I noticed at work today. I'm really not sure what made me decide to draw it, but it was probably due in large part to the fact that I carried my sketch pad with me for the first time today. I got a few strange looks while I was sitting there sketching during a break. Eventually, a co-worker wondered over to see what I was up to. She smiled when her eyes fell on the page and asked me why I was working there instead of selling my art somewhere. In all honesty, I don't know the answer to that, but I was very flattered.


I'd also noticed another thing at work today...a striking picture of Easter eggs. The colors just leapt out at me and I immediately thought of the new watercolor pencil set I purchased the other night. I knew that, as soon as I got home, this is what I would test them out on. I love the way they turned out! The colors are just so vibrant and cheery. I want to just reach into the painting and pull them out...rolling them around in my hands one by one...soaking up the color.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home